When you work for Hawkins Companies, you join a company of loyal, seasoned professionals who are proud of where they work. Our high employee retention means you’re collaborating with experienced people who bring a wealth of knowledge to complex projects. We’re problem solvers at our core, and we love what we do. Our work seeks to benefit the community through collaboration and innovation.
The position is full-time in our Boise, Idaho office. We do offer a hybrid work schedule for most positions and offer a competitive benefit package. Our desirable downtown location puts us in the heart of Boise’s best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment district. Our office is inspired by the creativity and culture of our city. With a full kitchen, library, wellness room and workout facility our office is designed to be the optimal work environment. We provide opportunities to participate in community volunteer events such as United Way, Adopt-A-Highway, Rake Up Boise, and 7 Cares.
The Insurance Coordinator is a liaison between several departments within Hawkins Companies and insurance brokers and carriers. Oversees the process from procuring the insurance through tracking all existing policies including billing and invoice processing.
The adventure in your day could include:
- Coordinates and communicates new insurance requests to insurance brokers.
- Builder’s Risk, Property, General Liability, OCIP
- Manages all policies for the company including the above and travel, Workman’s Comp, Cyber, Crime and D&O.
- Initiate, complete and review all insurance applications for accuracy
- Tracks construction timeline for transfer from builders’ risk to property/general liability
- Manage myCOI – certificate tracking for tenants and vendors
- Secure surety bonds as needed
- Updates tracking reports weekly (Builders Risk and SOV)
- Track and manage claims filed against policies
- Codes invoices and uploads for payment processing
- Add/Delete properties as they are acquired or sold
- Track payments and refunds for policies
- Responsible to allocate premiums across portfolio
- Knowledge of Builder’s Risk, Property, General Liability and OCIP insurance preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate questions or issues
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
High school diploma or equivalent
Five years’ related experience preferred.
Work Hours & Benefits
Hawkins Companies has available medical, dental and vision plans. We have a 401K plan with an employer match and a student loan repayment program. Hawkins Companies provides downtown parking. We also provide hours to volunteer in the community. Our office hours are 8:30-5:00.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Our Hawkins Company Values are:
Easy to work with
Treats People Fairly
Thinks Like an Owner
Understands the Value of Reputation
What to Expect Next
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, our Director of HR will be reaching out to schedule an interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our Website.