About the team
Who We Are
Our history dates back to 1976. Gary Hawkins began developing commercial real estate with an emphasis on retail shopping center development. With over 40 years in business, Hawkins Companies has partnered with over 400 clients. We’ve completed more than 270 projects, spanning across 22 states. We’ve developed 12 million square feet of property, and we currently manage 3.1 million square feet of retained commercial property.
Hawkins Companies provides the highest level of professional service to clients. Our success is a testament to our family-oriented culture and long-lasting client relationships. We pride ourselves on our reputation of integrity, and we treat our employees and our clients with honesty and fairness. As Gary says, “I never want to face someone and not be able to say, ‘I treated them fairly.’”
When you work for Hawkins, you’re joining a company of loyal, seasoned professionals who are proud of where they work. Our average employee tenure is over 10 years, and several have been with us for 20 years. Our high employee retention means you’re collaborating with experienced people who bring a wealth of knowledge to complex projects. We’re problem solvers at our core, and we love what we do.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We work hard to move great projects forward, but we take even deeper pride in our internal culture and employee retention. As an employee of Hawkins Companies, you are part of a family legacy that spans years of commercial success and tradition. We celebrate that success with year-round employee events that range from barbecues and holiday parties to occasional company-sponsored vacations for employees and spouses.
Our desirable downtown location puts us in the heart of Boise’s best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment district. Our office is inspired by the creativity and culture of our city. We showcase local artwork throughout our space, and, as a team, we frequent performances at our neighboring Knitting Factory Concert House. With a full kitchen, library, workout facility, and massage room (with on-site masseuse), our office is designed to be the optimal work environment with all the amenities that maximize employee productivity and fulfillment.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Construction Accountant might include the following:
• Code and process project related invoices.
• Prepare a bank draw to request loan funds.
• Work with construction manager to determine if project is over or under budget and report
findings to partners/management team.
• Verify lien waivers have been received from the subcontractors prior to releasing payments.
• Book a construction loan, a land purchase, or a project sale closing.
Who You Are
• You love numbers but love people more. You take pride in helping others and using your strong
interpersonal skills to be a team player, assisting others to succeed. Yet, you are also able to
work well independently.
• You are known for being detail-oriented, incredibly accurate with top-notch organizational
• You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
• You have an analytical mind that looks at problems like a puzzle to solve and are always
thinking of ways to streamline a process. Self-motivated is your middle name.
• You are proficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and a quick-leaner when it comes to
using new software packages.
• You handle feedback well by turning criticism into something constructive. Your assertive
side will allow you to speak up when needed and you take pride in your excellent communication
• In addition to all of this, you have an accounting degree with 2+ years of applicable work
experience under your belt.
What to Expect Next
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch! If you look like the
right fit for our position, our Director of HR will be reaching out to schedule an interview with
you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to
check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our Website.