Job Opening Staff Accountant
Hawkins Homes is a family owned company with locations in Boise and Salt Lake City. This position has great flexibility with both working from home and the benefit of coming into the office one to three times a month. Once a quarter there is a company paid travel trip to the Salt Lake City office.
To produce and maintain accurate accounting records for development and construction. Obtain funding from bank or owners and ensure contractors and vendors get pain in a timely manner.
- Manage portfolio of all properties
- Prepare/Post Journal Entries for all closings (Sales/Purchases/Loan Closings etc)
- Prepare and Maintain ‘Basis Allocation Schedule’ needed to determine profitability on each lot
- Monthly Preparation of supporting schedules
- Track G&A Expenses (PCP/HHC)
- Annual tax package preparation; review trial balance and verify all accounts are reconciled and reasonable
- Annual F/S Preparation/Review
- Update Property Analysis Worksheet (Value vs Cost) – Book FMV Entry
- Accrue Interest on all Notes (including intercompany)
- Overhead Allocations
- Reconcile Huntsville Home Costs
- Income Tax Estimates for Partners
- Depreciation true-ups
- Management Reporting
- Overall analysis of project profitability and company profitability
- Upload, index and code invoices
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
- Collect all credit cards. Ensure they are sent to the correct person for coding.
- Work with credit card holders to allocate charges to correct accounts
- Review all credit cards for correct coding, back up, complete charge descriptions, and approvals before entering and paying
- Reconcile Pooled Bank Accounts & oversee reconciliation of all other accounts. Ensure all are done by monthly deadlines & summary worksheets ties out to consolidated F/S Cash
- Negative Cash – Review all company cash balances monthly for pooled accounts. Move balances to intercompany loans.
- Management of Owner Parked Cash
- Prepare Cash Flow Projections and Review with Management
- Input daily deposit into MRI
- Deposit all incoming wires, direct deposits/ACH/EFT
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensure that vendors meet insurance requirements. Code, obtain proper approvals and enter for payment.
- Prepare draw worksheets and other forms required by lender.
- Monitor subcontractor’s lien releases, gather and review.
- Collect items required when preparing to release retainage.
- Reconcile General Ledger to Job Cost, review for accuracy.
- Verify and input contracts, budgets, update with revisions and change orders as needed.
- Maintain accurate general ledger balances. Review data for accuracy and prepare correcting journal entries as needed.
Work Hours & Benefits
Flexible hours with the benefit of working from home and one to three days a month in the Boise office. Once a quarter you will travel to the Salt Lake City office (company paid). This position includes a laptop and monitors for working at home. Hawkins also a desirable benefit package.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fast and accurate on a 10-key
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects.
- Assertive, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a team player
What to Expect Next
Please email your resume to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, we will be reaching out to schedule an interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals.